Baby Nutrition & Weaning
Everything you need to know about food and feeding up till your baby's first birthday
You’re ready to start weaning your baby.
You’re excited. You’re nervous. You’ve picked which day your going to start and you’ve got your camera on stand-by, BUT there’s just one thing that’s niggling at the back of your mind, you’re just not quite sure HOW to actually do it.
You’ve probably turned to google. The internet is jammed with conflicting advice, no two pages seem to say the same thing. It’s overwhelming. There are recipes on WHAT to cook for your baby but not a lot on HOW to feed them.
You’re probably thinking:
“should I do baby led weaning or is purees best?”
“how do milk feeds fit in?”
“should I wait the full 6 months as my baby is so keen when she see’s me eat?”
“what if my baby doesn’t open their mouth or refuses the food”
Or even worse, “What if they choke?”
These are all questions that you need answers to, you’re getting tired of looking and it’s making you feel uneasy because everyone has something different to say, and frankly, you just don’t know where to begin.
You wish that you could just have a clear plan that cuts through all the online nonsense and gives you the facts. Wouldn’t that be a weight off your shoulders? You really want weaning to be special, to be a happy, memorable few months.
I get it, I’ve been there too, and I’ve dedicated the last 20 years of my career to help mummy’s like you to do their very best when weaning.
You wish you:
- knew WHAT to feed your little one,
- knew HOW to do it,
- knew how to read their signals to ‘keep going’ and when to stop so that you’d be responding to your baby’s cues appropriately,
- could know exactly what to do through all the stages of weaning, right up till your baby’s first birthday.
If this sounds familiar.....
.......you need my online Baby Nutrition & Weaning course.
I’ll give you bite size video lessons with practical advice that you can carry out straight away. I’ll also give you the reasons behind my advice so you can make an informed decision about what’s right for you and your baby. PLUS there’s bonus’s including day to day support from me right up till your baby’s first birthday should you need it.
This is evidence-based information from the most up to date research, and it’s what I’ve used successfully with my NHS clients every single day for the last 20 years. You’ll get access to checklists, cheat sheets, swipe files and some of my favourite recipes…the lot.
Here’s what’s included in the course
My unique food and feeding strategy because it’s not just knowing what to cook for your baby you also need to know how to feed them and most importantly, how to respond to your little ones cues.
You’ll also get short video lessons giving practical advice on:
- Understanding whether baby lead weaning, purees or a combination of both is best
- Which foods to include, how much and how often, and which ones to avoid
- How to fit milk feeds in, how much milk and the best routines for successful weaning
- The pros and cons of shop bought baby food
- Troubleshooting when your baby refuses food, gags, has reflux, constipation and other tummy troubles.
You’ll also be invited to join our members only exclusive facebook group where I hang out every day to answer your questions, offer support, give you suggestions and generally guide you along the way.
What my current clients say:
"Sarah you are so knowledgeable but its more than that, you have reassured me and filled me with confidence, so I know exactly what to feed my baby"
I didn't have a clue where to start and our baby group weaning talk just left me feeling confused when they said 'food before one is just for fun' and all they really need is milk. That didn't seem right.
What I learned from Sarah was way more in depth than the group workshop. I found I was advising my friends on what to do with their babies! I watched most of the video's while doing night feeds and when I needed extra help or ideas on what to cook the Facebook group was invaluable. I felt like a 'super-mum.'
Claire, mummy to Alex, Wimbledon
Sarah is a Registered Dietitian and Children’s nutritionist and works within the NHS to help parents get their children’s feeding right. She also runs a busy private practice and has been an independent advisor for several years to baby food brands including leading baby cookbook author Annabel Karmel.
As an expert in children’s nutrition, Sarah has developed a unique framework to solve nutrition and feeding problems encompassing not only food but the process of feeding too. And she’s applied this framework here in her online Baby Nutrition & Weaning course.
Sarah has helped hundreds, if not thousands of families over the years both within the NHS and her private practice. She is now sharing this unique framework that has been incredibly successful for all of the families she’s helped, in this online programme so you can stop worrying about weaning your baby and get on with being an awesome mum.
Baby Nutrition & Weaning is right for you if:
- You’re a mummy and you want to know exactly how to wean your baby successfully
- You’ve started weaning but it’s not going as well as you’d hoped and you are wondering if you’ve missed something important
- Your baby's weaning journey is complicated by reflux, food allergies or prematurity
- You want to raise your baby on a vegetarian or vegan diet and would like expert help
- You think you know what to do but would just like guidance from a professional.
- You’re a dietitian working with adults and have had a baby and want evidence based up to date information on baby nutrition & weaning
- You’re a childcare provider and want an update on feeding babies 6-12 months of age
Baby Nutrition & Weaning is not right for you if:
- You’re a Registered paediatric dietitian and do this every day as part of your day job.
- You’re a mum and your baby has medical needs requiring face to face dietitian contact.
- Your baby is over 12 months of age and you want help with fussy eating (I’ve got something different for you)
“I’m not nearly as scared as I initially was, Sarah helped me figure out what was right for us”
“Before doing Sarah’s course, despite being a Dietitian myself, I knew nothing about how to begin weaning, and felt overwhelmed by the volume of conflicting advice out there. Sarah’s online course is really clear and concise, making it easy to do even whilst looking after a young baby.
Now, I feel confident in knowing how to feed Fionn ‘properly’, I’m not nearly as scared as I initially was! She helped me figure out which method of weaning was right for us i.e. baby led, spoon-feeding or a combination, and helped me understand appropriate portion sizes.
Evelyn, Mummy to Fionn, Southfields
This course is closed for enrollment.
Frequently asked questions
How much is the course?
The course is £190 or spread the cost monthly with 6 payments of £35
What does the course include?
The course content is divided into 6 chapters, each containing several short video lessons which are on average 7 minutes long. You also get:
- A ready for weaning checklist
- A portion sizes cheat sheet
- A recipe vs baby food taste challenge
- A weaning diary swipe file for introducing allergens
- My recipe for your baby’s first birthday cake
What is the bonus content?
Access to the exclusive facebook group just for course participants
Downloadable lessons so you can watch without using mobile data
PDF download of all of the course slides
Bonus chapter on vegetarian and vegan weaning
Do you offer a payment plan?
Yes, you can pay monthly for 6 months at £35 per month
When does the course start and finish?
The course starts as soon as you sign up and it never expires. It’s a self-paced online course, you decide when you start and when you finish
How long do I have access to the course?
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling you will have unlimited access to the course for as long as you like, across any and all devices you own.
Do you offer refunds?
I would never want you to be unhappy which is why I offer a full refund if you contact me within the first 30 days.
How do I know that the information you give me is right?
Well I'm asking you to trust me on this one, I'm a Registered Dietitian which means that I'm regulated by law to only give out evidence based advice.
Why should I do a course when I can get this information from my Health Visitor?
In truth...you can't get the full depth of information that I've got for you from your Heath Visitor. HV's are amazing and do a fantastic job but they are not nutrition professionals. Most area’s buy in weaning courses that are not written by nutrition professionals. And HV’s get their nutrition training from us Registered Dietitians!
This course is closed for enrollment.
StartLesson 1 - Critical Nutrients (8:12)
StartLesson 2 -Nutritional Requirements (2:39)
StartLesson 3 -Progression through weaning (9:12)
StartLesson 4 - Salt (6:47)
StartLesson 5 - Sugar (4:22)
StartLesson 6 - Milks and routines (7:12)
StartHomework - Portion Sizes Cheat Sheet for 7-9 month olds